WELCOME TO MY BAREFOOT WORLD

I have a difficult time sewing with shoes on. When I go to retreats, I always make sure I wear slip on shoes so it is easy to press the "peddle to medal" barefoot.
(socks sometimes)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grand daughter Addyson's First Quilt

We are having our 3rd grand child in December. Another little girl. Her name will be Addyson Ryan Kropp. I used a cheater panel for this babies first quilt from Grandma Dede. A cute little animal panel that I have spent hours outlining and thread painted. I think it turned out very fun. Next time I will use a batting with more poof.
 I dont pin my quilt together. I use iron on batting or spray adhesive. I want to get this done quickly. Pinning would take too much time that could be used in sewing. I machine stitch the binding. No hand sewing for a baby quilt that will washed a millions times. I want these quilts to be used and loved.
Putting the feathers on the duck are easy peasy. You can do this in just a few minutes.
 See how just a little freemotion lines can add so much to the outline of the turtles.
 Do Not forget to put a label on your guilt! The quilt police will find you if you do! I have begun using the lettering that my Janome has on it instead of permanent pen. I find the permanent pen are not so permanent.
If you need a quick gift, why dont you consider a cheater panel but use a batting with more loft. LOTS OF LOFT. Dont take the time to thread paint ... just outline. With all that poof between the fabric, its going to look AWSOME! Your friends will think you are a genius when they unwrap your gift. And please remember when all the ladies at the baby shower tell you how talented you are while they are oggling over your master piece quilt, JUST SMILE AND SAY "THANK YOU."  
Dont you dare tell them how easy it was to make!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling quilt! I love what You have done with a panel. Your family should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb - Very cute! Well done! =)

    ReplyDelete