WELCOME TO MY BAREFOOT WORLD

I have a difficult time sewing with shoes on. When I go to retreats, I always make sure I wear slip on shoes so it is easy to press the "peddle to medal" barefoot.
(socks sometimes)

Monday, October 4, 2010

FREE MOTION THREAD PLAY

I love to thread paint. How about you? And easy way to practice is to use a fabric that has a motif that you can embellish with threads. This piece was sandwiched just like a quilt and then hooped.
I used this fish like a color book and had fun changing thread colors and types. Try it and dont be afraid of making a mistake...........just be free. And remember.......your machine runs fast and your hands move sloooooow.  MOST IMPORTANT..............use a stabilizer under your fabric and use your hoop. These two hints will help you tremendously with a nice finish piece of art work. Dont forget to sign your work when done.  My postcard group had a fun swap with thread play. Come join us at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt..  and learn more tips on thread art!
HAPPY THREAD PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment