WELCOME TO MY BAREFOOT WORLD

I have a difficult time sewing with shoes on. When I go to retreats, I always make sure I wear slip on shoes so it is easy to press the "peddle to medal" barefoot.
(socks sometimes)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Mini-Bee Christmas Dinner

These wonderful ladies make up a group of quilters that we call the "Scrappy Ladies." I have belonged to the group for about 7 years. Before I joined their mini bee I said I knew how to quilt but really.... I just made large pot holders.
I'm Deb Poole.  (3rd from the left.) I moved to Chicago 8 years ago. I knew no one here. I do not work outside the home. I was not meeting or making any friends until one day... I found and joined the NSQG (north suburban quilter's guild)The guild meets once a month. One meeting I was asking a lady at the "meet and greet" table about mini bees in my area. She told me that she would look around and let me know.  A funny thing happened on the way back to my chair....  Notice the lady whispering in my ear and the woman in green? They over heard my conversation with the meet and greet lady. Jean and Bev asked me that night to join their mini bee. WE HAVE BEEN SISTERS FROM THAT NIGHT ON.
         Debbie (in the brown) cracks me up. She is very off the cuff. She loves making up her own designs. She is so generous to all of us. She always makes a special handmade gift for each of us at Christmas. She also has a Communication degree.
Carol is from New York. This woman would do anything for any of us....Any time, any day. She is marvelous. She is a prolific quilter and mostly self taught. She does BEAUTIFUL WORK and she will try anything!
Mary is very soft spoken person. She loves her quilts to be perfect.  She loves her little Singer.
                        

Jean is my buddy. She is very logical and likes her quilts "just sew." She has a heart bigger than the sky. She has an Home Economics Major.
Bev(in the green) is a woman who has a kind, restful heart.  She loves hand piecing. She also has a major in Music. And she just bought herself a wonderful Christmas presesnt...A GRAND PIANO!



I was so happy Bev enjoyed the card I made for her.

Opening gifts is soooo much fun!


Fat Quarters are ALWAYS good!



Table runner for my quilting sister Secret Santa (which was Bev)





 Carol likes to spoil us with her wonderful desserts. She really goes all out!

I love these ladies. They have been such a blessing in my life. They found me during a time that I needed friends. They adopted me into their lives.  These ladies are not just friends, THEY ARE MY SISTERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment